2.08.2009

sunday knitting and progress report


The sun has recently made a reappearance in Michigan, and we're all suffering a bit of spring fever. Most of all my very bad cat Bob, shown here sitting on my knitting. So far the knitting has fared better than my brother's laptop...which is permanently missing its underscore key. Sunshine makes us all a little hyper and euphoric.

I have resolved to stop knitting socks for a bit after this. I found an orphaned sock in my stash and decided to give it a mate; the pattern is Friday Harbor from Knitting on the Road. Nancy Bush is a fabulous pattern writer and designer, so the socks have been great fun to knit...but I'm feeling a bit one-dimensional so I'm putting a stop to sock knitting temporarily. I give it two weeks.

Also finished: both ankle socks made of Schaefer Yarns' Anne. They have already been given away and were enjoyed greatly through the week of zero degree weather we had. Today, though, we have sun AND warmth: perfection!

Lastly, progress on the quail purse continues, I'm designing as I go (dangerous and often discouraging) so we'll see. I have a few ideas but I'm just not sure how to implement them! My advice for a Sunday afternoon? Curl up in a spot of sun, make a cup of coffee, and knit furiously. I know that's what I'll be doing. :-)

3 comments:

  1. sexy sock(s). is the quail button attached yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah, thanks- no buttons yet, soon! i mean, you thought socks were sexy but wait till you see those quail buttons. dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you going to teach Bob to knit? You know he's capable. Why do you hold him back?

    ReplyDelete