2.16.2009

baby gifts!


I started working at the UM Hospital in September, and since then it seems like everyone is pregnant! So I need baby gifts. As per usual, my production is waaayyy behind what it should be, so I have to knit these up in a hurry. Here's baby gift #1, a really simple top-down sweater. What that means is: minimal sewing! You start knitting from the neck down, and increases create the sleeves and raglan shaping. You can see the sleeve shaping on the left.


I'm being super good and using yarn I've had stashed away in my closet. It's Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, a cotton/merino wool blend that's actually been great to knit with. Usually I try to stay away from cotton, but this feels so nice and knits so well I might have to use it more often. Good thing I have nearly 10 skeins hidden away...

Of course, what fun would a project be if you followed the rules? This is a worsted weight yarn, I'm basing this on a pattern that uses DK weight; the pattern itself is supposed to have a collar but I decided I didn't want it and will just crochet or pick up/knit a really cute edging when the body is all done. I have grand plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment