2.16.2009

hats hats hats hats hats


I was set loose with a camera! It was warm outside! I couldn't help myself. My neighbors are probably convinced I'm berserk, taking pictures of hats and hanging them in trees...but I'm okay with that.

I seem to ha
ve amassed quite a collection of hats recently...silly photograph below. Aaand here's a short summary of each (clockwise from top):

1) Classic Elite Gatsby, a chunky wool tweed. I walk to work and needed a hat, I had a skein in my stash, I felt creative and I knit a hat in a day. It's a little big for me and I might give it away, but it's a cute shape and is nice and warm.

2) Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, wool, not quite solid color. I have a few hats I've knitted for myself, but they're all loose-fitting (I walk to work, try to prevent hat hair, etc) and fall off when I go running. So this hat absolutely destroys my hair, but for running, who cares?

3 and 5) Zitron Yarns Unikat, chunky felted wool. I was working at Old Village Yarn Shop when we ordered this yarn. It was pretty spendy for a skein, but the colors were SO beautiful we (wait...I) couldn't resist. I created this hat as a shop model and also made one for my brother to wear that winter. Luckily, a skein makes two hats! When I left the store I got my sample hat back, so now my brother Paul has a spare.

4) Schafer Yarns Elaine, chunky wool hand dyed. Like most knitters, I'm a sucker for beautiful colors. I also love anything ridiculous, so a bright pink hat seemed totally logical. Right? I rarely wear it, but it's silly and makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment