2.10.2009

so i'm apparently trite AND ridiculous

So this lovely ironing board is currently functioning as my knitting table of sorts...I know, classy, right? Sitting on it: two knit purses, both of my own design. The one on the right (with purple stripes) was inspired by a handbag I saw at a little boutique called Design Collective in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Sidenote: Design Collective features Mpls-designed fashion and it's definitely worth the trip if you're visiting the Twin Cities!) My purse, sadly, has been sitting in pieces since at least December of 2007 and I just couldn't bring myself to sew a lining! Now I have a sewing machine, so the lining will be that much easier to do!

The second purse is the Quail Purse of previous posts, finally done! It also needs lining and assembly. I'll take some close-ups of the detail while I'm finishing. The handles are braided strips of knitting!

Also sitting on the ironing board / temporary knitting studio: The Little Prince, Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Alchemist, and Knitalong. Some literary inspiration and a book about knitting with friends. I don't know which I love more, yarn or books...


No comments:

Post a Comment