4.14.2009

innovative solutions only get you so far

I'm back to socks. Whenever I'm at a creative loss, I fall back on socks because knitted socks are just so amazing. Well, this pattern intrigued me and it was free on the Interweave sock page. (William Street Socks.) Plus I seemed to remember having two skeins of this Arucania Atacama in my closet. So...I fished a skein out and set off on socks. A few posts ago I was all pleased with myself because I had started from the toe up (and I remain as such)...but now, I am faced with several problems.


For starters, two skeins was never going to be enough to complete two full socks. I realized this pretty early on and was okay with the fact that the pattern would require further modification. Well then I get up to the ankle and realize there is NOT another skein!!!! This was very frustrating. I set the sock aside (punishment, you see) and came back to it several days later...then I added an i-cord bind off and the sock became a slipper!



Still, I'm very pleased with my adaptation. Lots of comments regarding this sock were concerned with the fact that the cabling on top is so bulky...I totally agree. These are definitely meant to be house socks.


This still does not remedy the fact that I have one sock and no materials with which to complete another. Hmm.


1 comment:

  1. http://www.ravelry.com/people/1TwistedSister/stash/atacama

    that could be a solution to the yarn shortage problem

    ReplyDelete