3.09.2009

what would carrie bradshaw knit?

My newest silly creation is a little wrist corsage inspired by Sex and the City; I love that show almost as much as Sarah Jessica Parker's character loves shoes! At one point, Carrie Bradshaw starts wearing corsages everywhere and with everything. I haven't figured out which season it is (it's about time to re-watch all the episodes again), but I wanted to imitate the idea. The flowers are crocheted and the wristband is knitted. I have to say that, as a knitter who resisted crochet for many, many years...I was being ridiculous. Knitters, go out and learn crochet! (And vice versa.)

This I included simply because it's funny- normally my OCD self wouldn't anything exist in such a state of chaos, but when I'm excited about knitting I just surround myself with all the yarn pertaining to my current projects (current meaning anything I'm thinking about, whether it's started yet or not).


Exciting: IKEA now sells mini versions of their shopping bags and they're perfect for holding knitting. Bonus: they're indestructible and only cost fifty cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment