3.15.2009

knitting 911

This is the first pair of socks I knit, ever. They were for my brother, and he's pretty hard on knit goods...which isn't a bad thing, that means he uses them...but it also means fixing some pretty interesting problems.

Since I knit these so long ago, I didn't have any more of the original yarn (worsted-weight self-striping wool). Since they're weird looking socks anyway, I figured why not fix them with even more bizarre colors? Okay, purple.

The fixing itself was a little tricky, I don't have a lot of experience with knitting repair; they came out okay and for now there will be no more unraveling! I did happen to have some DK weight yarn in the same color stashed away, so a new pair of socks is forthcoming. Votes on what the heel color should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment