5.05.2010

i'm never to keen to leave this place

A few weeks ago I allowed myself to go yarn shopping, something I had denied myself for quite a while. I mean, it's kind of ridiculous to go shopping for MORE yarn when you have a whole closet full...but my intentions had been innocent. I had run out of yarn for a sweater I'm working on, and it's not my fault that they didn't have any more and I had to use my money on something else, right?

So this is what I ended up with! I couldn't resist the colors since they would be equally good for men's or women's socks. The yarn is made by Schoppel Wolle (a German company) and is called Zauberball. Isn't that a great name?! This is the thicker weight (closer to DK than traditional fingering/sock weight) but I'm still knitting it on size 1 needles. I like how it's knitting up, but as my mother observed "it's prettier in the ball than it is knitted." The color runs are pretty long, so you end up with kind of wonky looking stripe patterns. Oh well, it's still fun to work with!

I'm currently stalled on this project (knitting group tonight will help me get through this)- I'm afraid that I won't have enough yarn to do a complete pair and should (ha, ha, who does what they should?) knit contrasting heels and toes. Meh, I don't feel like going out to look for a contrast yarn (I'm usually disappointed with my choices, I'm too picky) so I'm just going to continue this ill-advised sock and you can read the frustrated "I-ran-out-of-yarn-oh-no!" posts later. Lucky you! (Kidding. (Just about the lucky you part.))

2 comments:

  1. want me to bring my scale so you can weigh the yarn to see how much you've used/have left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thank you! i just saw this. haha...but i think i'll be okay, i'm not generally that calculating. it's more fun (?) to chance it.

    knitting was fun last night! let's do it next week too!

    ReplyDelete