6.11.2010

if i'll ever be whole again


Kitty tried to assist with this project...it was distinctly unhelpful.

If you've ever wanted to knit something even your cat will appreciate, though, this is how! Gather these things: a small square of cloth, a half-knit mouse body, catnip (mine is from a set of toys I bought that were already filled), and a little extra stuffing (which I didn't need).

Put the catnip in the cloth square and tie the top securely.

Stuff it in the mouse body!

Here he is! I was going to offer the pattern here, but the way I knit this particular mouse was pretty silly and I'm still trying to think of a good (read: coherent) way to describe this mouse's creation. I started with an i-cord tail and then increased to 24 stitches for the body, then decreased every other round for the nose. His ears are crocheted on afterwards, and the eyes are needle felted on. Try to improvise your own- it really doesn't have to be totally perfect, especially since this mouse's fate is to be licked to death by a blissed-out cat.

This mouse was sent off to a new home over the weekend, where he is being ripped apart by Otis the cat. : ( Poor mouse!


4 comments:

  1. We made versions of these our freshman year just before Christmas! I'm thinking they were felted, and I'm pretty sure Lovetta still has hers. Kitty is adorable as ever. Tell her we have a date for a nap on July 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty lies in wait for such opportunities! Practicing now, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see Kitty was helping. Otis loves his mouse! It's always under the couch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a picture of Kitty trying to disembowel the mouse...she went nuts. I had to keep hiding it in the apartment before mailing it because nowhere was safe!

    ReplyDelete