4.05.2010

so what so what so what's the scenario


You're probably wondering "hey, what the hell, you said this blog was BACK, now you disappear for another two weeks?" OK, you know, I don't blame you. But let me say that I found a couple really creative excuses.

Last Sunday I spent an entire day writing about Ludwig van Beethoven and the Prometheus Ballet. See, you're already bored! Naturally I was not going to share that with you.

Then this week got really busy and I didn't knit anything...so I didn't have anything to share (and besides, was really sad because I wasn't knitting anyway).

But to top it all off, this Sunday: I took pictures of my new yarn (see above, more on this later) and planned on posting yesterday evening to get back on my Sundays-are-for-blogging routine. My camera, however, had other plans and launched itself out of my jeans pocket (granted, I was in a tree at the time), bounced through some branches, and fell (intact) about 20 feet to the ground. I was impressed at this...until I tried to turn it on. It stubbornly refused. I whined, it dug its heels in and stayed dead.

This morning, though, my camera staged its own Easter resurrection...albeit after a few good whacks on the kitchen table...but huzzah! The blog is back, and only delayed half a day.

Anyway, amidst all these excuses, I went yarn shopping! I picked up a skein of Misty Alpaca sock yarn, because apparently I'm becoming a default sock knitter when I can't think of anything else to do. I really do love this color, though...I don't get to knit many super bright socks since I knit mostly for my father and brother. (Here I go again, whining.) I'm considering combination possibility for this yarn; maybe I'll attempt another multi-fiber sort of endeavor. We'll see. That lime green streak is really neat....

Stay tuned for more pathetic knitting stories as I inch towards completion on the sweater below. I ran out of yarn this week, so that was a fun development. :)


1 comment:

  1. 1. I am still checking the blog every day! I am not upset when it's not new, just very happy when it is new.
    2. Your camera-fixing technique is identical to the strategy I use to fix just about anything...Discipline is key with those electronic devices.
    3. That yarn looks so cool! I love the subtle hint of neon...A little bit of rebellion.

    ReplyDelete