1.21.2009

New things are exciting!


I bought a new knitting book! Knit Knit. I don't do this very often but I do THINK about it a lot, so it's significant when I find a book that I need to own. This has all kinds of crazy knitting visionaries profiled inside, I would definitely recommend it for those friends of yours who accuse knitters of being uncool. There are decidedly cool things in this book.

Next: Schaefer Yarns Anne socks!!! This yarn has been stashed for a while, I had used part of the skein to make half-gloves a while back and never got around to using the leftovers. Never to be called wasteful, I am using what I have left to make ankle socks to wear to bed. It's cold in Michigan in January! (I always use the magic loop method for knitting socks, it allows me to go so much faster AND I get to use my beloved Addi Turbos.) I remember being put off by the thin feel of this yarn, but the mohair content allows you to knit it on regular sock needles and it fills out nicely. This might even inspire me to follow with the second sock immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment