10.25.2009

c'mon look me in the eye

Over the summer I had an idea for a neckwarmer (why I think of these things in the 90-degree heat I do not know). It was during the period that Kniterary Club was meeting, so I had time to mull over yarn combinations, buttons, and the like. I came up with a very autumnal color set, but never started the actual knitting. (I guess the weather- and more pressing projects- got some sense through my head.)

Now the cool weather's here to stay, and with all the trees changing and a chilly breeze blowing around, I really want this neckwarmer to be done. Sitting right next to me is the ball of brown yarn, and the moment I'm done typing I will begin knitting! Hopefully my concept will become reality...I want a ruffled button band ornamented with flowers in yellow silk and leaves out of Ultra Alpaca Fine (as above, and below). I feel very Project-Runway-esque, except on a much smaller scale and with lots more time. Besides, I don't think Michael Kors or Nina Garcia will be critiquing my look....

A clearer picture below:


Are those buttons not fabulous?

3 comments:

  1. Those definitely are some fabulous buttons!
    Want to get together and knit sometime soon? I don't think I've picked up needles since the last time I saw you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this! The buttons are fabulous. And I'm looking forward to seeing the leaves in this setting. I wish I could feel the yarn--it looks so soft. "Make it work!" --Tim Gunn (I can't pretend I could say that myself--it has to be in Tim Gunn's voice.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I finally figured out how to comment. (I've tried so many times and always messed it up somehow...)

    ReplyDelete