5.05.2009

feliz cinco de mayo!

Here are a couple leaves that I knit up the other day...since these two I've knit at least five more. It's easy to knit one up in just a few minutes and there's something so pleasing about them, I can't stop myself from chain-knitting leaves. This raised the inevitable question from my friends and knitting cohorts- "what are you going to do with all those?" It's a perfectly valid question since I often knit things just because I can without having an application for such things.


The yarn I used is Berroco's Ultra Alpaca Fine, which is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. It's a fingering weight alpaca/wool/nylon blend, nice enough to use in larger projects but still fantastic for socks. This yarn is a steal, too- it's only $10!

So what am I going to do with my fantastic alpaca leaves? Well, it's a surprise...but...it's going to involve the yarn pictured above. The brown is fair trade Eco Cotton from Debbie Bliss, the mustard color is Mulberry Silk by Louisa Harding. And those buttons...I have a weakness for buttons. They're going to be involved for sure.

2 comments:

  1. The picture does not do the yarns justice, but I'm very excited for this project! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Ultra Alpaca Fine, my mom said that Frank (the Berroco rep) was in the shop today. There was a new yarn she was excited about, Vintage Wool (100g, 217yds, 50%wool, 50%acrylic, machine wash, lay flat to dry, $6, looks kind of like ultra alpaca, but is cheap and washable like encore). But she didn't know whether or not Frank had any new colors of Ultra Alpaca Fine. Not that the existing colors are bad, but wouldn't it be fun if there were more? Hopefully Martha will know.

    ReplyDelete